Tuesday, April 16, 2013

N is for... Neil Patrick Harris

N is for... Neil Patrick Harris
Actor: Neil Patrick Harris
Films: Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle (2004), Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay (2008), A Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas (2011)

The Character
Neil Patrick Harris is just like the real Neil Patrick Harris except that he likes girls, drugs, prostitutes and hanging out of the top of cars (basically everything your Mum told you to avoid as a kid). Yes, Neil Patrick Harris is the weed-smoking ladies man who pops up at the most inconvenient time when Harold and Kumar are in a heap of trouble.

There are rumours that he takes on a gay appearance in real life in order to make his womanising far easier, but I have my doubts.

The Actor
Neil Patrick Harris is, in reality, nothing like his character counterpart in the Harold & Kumar series. He has had a relatively long career in film, and made one his early films in 1988 alongside Whoopi Goldberg. To American audiences he is well known for playing the title role in Doogie Houser M.D.

He became more popular across the rest of the world with his appearance in Harold & Kumar where he played himself (and, in the third film, had his partner star alongside him). Since 2005 he has become the womanising Barney Stinson in How I Met Your Mother.

Classic Scene (Warning: Explicit Language)

2 comments:

  1. I became a fan because of How I Met Your Mother. I still need to see these movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, I have never seen one of the H&K movies and I have one of them sitting on my desk! Never knew NPH was in them.

    Chuck at Apocalypse Now

    ReplyDelete