Thursday, February 07, 2013

Films 211 - 220

Here is a list of the next ten films in he Empire 5-star 500 challenge:
  1. His Girl Friday (1940)
  2. Hud (1963)
  3. The Hunchback Of Notre Dame (1939)
  4. The Hurt Locker (2009)
  5. The Hustler (1961)
  6. I Served The King Of England (2008)
  7. The Idiots (1998)
  8. If... (1968)
  9. Ikiru (1952)
  10. Imitation Of Life (1959)
It is at this point that I would usually jabber on about the last ten films, but regular readers will know that I started those 10 films back in September - four months ago. (quickly checks list) Ah, the previous ten films list had A Hard Days Night in it! Excellent. I would highly recommend this.

Also recommended are Hamlet, High Noon and Halloween which are all films that I agreed with Empire's 5 star rating.

As for the next ten, I'm looking forward to seeing The Hurt Locker. This is a film that is back in the fore because of director Kathryn Bigelow's latest film Zero Dark Thirty, which is hoping to follow The Hurt Locker's Oscar success.

I'd love to say that yes! I'm going to belt these next ten films out as soon as possible to continue with the challenge, but what with the A to Z in April and the continuing delays in my 'real' life, I'm not holding my breath. Then, there's the cinematic appearances of Hitchcock and Disney's 52nd Animated Classic, Wreck It Ralph in February which are  no doubt going to slow me down further.

So, until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see I am not the only one who gets sidetracked by "real life" from time to time. I loved the Hurt Locker. Going to see ZDT next week.

    ReplyDelete