From Jay at Life vs. Film:
- At a movie theatre, what snacks do you buy? Or do you sneak them in? If money were no object, what would be your movie theatre snack of choice?
More often than not I buy a drink. I don't really enjoy popcorn. If money were no object, I would have a waiter with a full blown three course meal consisting of tomato soup, lasagne and anything with chocolate. All separately, mind.
- What's the first movie that really scared you?
Hide and Seek (starring Robert de Niro). Actually, there was a time in my youth where I would go and watch scary films to impress the ladies. There's nothing romantic about crapped pants though.
- The television show/book/graphic novel/other thing I would really love to see adapted to film is _______________________.
Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child - their series on Aloysius Pendergast. He is cool character with an awesome name.
- If you like horror movies, why do you like them? If not, why not?
Hell, no. That said, The Trilogy of the Dead by George A. Romero is brilliant - although it has a certain element of comedy so I don't know whether it counts. The 5-star 500 has helped alleviate my fears though.
- If you could be any movie character, who would you be, and why?
Difficult one. Neo from The Matrix. Or Morpheus. Being Lawrence 'Larry' Fishburne for a day would be amazing. He has to be the coolest man in Hollywood.
- Which movie character are you most like?
Who knows. Winnie the Pooh? I like honey and not wearing trousers, so maybe.
- What is it about films that interests you? What got you started?
The biggest thing that interests me is how so many amazing minds can come together to make something brilliant and how one person's vision can be realised in front of millions around the globe in a single moment.
- Why did you start blogging? What keeps you going?
I originally started blogging to get my frustrations with the world down in writing. Now I blog because I love movies and want to share that with the world.
- What movie would you most like to see again for the first time with no prior knowledge?
Shutter Island. Once you've seen it once you have a completely different outlook on it any subsequent times. That initial confusion and mystery would be great to relive.
- If you could have worked on any film in history, which would it be, and in what role?
I would love to have worked alongside the genius of John Williams. I love the epic feeling that movie music brings and listen to it in the car sometimes. I wish my car was pulled into battle by unicorns.
- What song will play over the closing credits of your life?
End Credits - Chase and Status feat. Plan B. Corny song title I know, but the lyrics are meaningful.
Next up, Stacey (my girlfriend, go visit her) at Stills of My Life:
- What's your favourite food?
Everything. I'm a human vacuum cleaner when it comes to food. Just keep yellow food away from me - sweetcorn, bananas and custard are a big no-no. Especially if they're mixed together.
- What's at the top of your wishlist at the moment?
My house, and therefore my home cinema, to be finished. I'm fed up of travelling back and forth to keep renovating.
- What's your favourite movie, and why?
Based on the 500 I'm watching, I've loved Amelie, The Crucible and so many more. Just check out all my reviews! Before the 500 I would have said Shawshank, and I decided I've watched Grease the most so that has to be up there.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Australia. I love the people, climate and the accent.
- If you had lots of money, what's the first thing you would spend it on?
Films. If I had enough, I'd hire someone to make a movie for me.
- Where would you most like to go as a holiday destination?
Norway. The northern lights and cruising up the West coast? Yes please. Not permanently though, it's far too cold.
- Do you have any celebrity crushes? Particularly embarrassing ones?
Who doesn't? Stacey would be the first to inform you that Samantha Barks (who is appearing in the upcoming Les Miserables adaptation, having appeared on the stage) would be high up there. Embarrassing ones? Pauses to think. Not that I can think of. Everyone has different tastes anyway.
- If there was a film of your life, who would you want to play you?
Larry (Lawrence Fishburne), Gary (Oldman) or Leo (Leonardo Di Caprio). They all are brilliant actors. None would suit me though. I'd be more of a Jesse Eisenberg kind of man.
- What's your favourite season, and why?
Summer. It's warm. Although not in Britain.
- If you had to be an animal (real or mythical), what would you be?
Phoenix. It has a cool name. Just say it out loud. Then, imagine a bird on fire soaring above your head as you trundle into battle clad from head to toe in armour, feeling the slight give of the moist ground beneath your leather boots. Did I mention that the enemy were orcs and ogres?
- If you could choose a sense to be heightened, which one would you choose?
Hearing. Sight would be too one-directional. Hearing you would be able to figure out everything that is going on around you.
Next up, Kyra from Beauty etc....:
- What's your favourite TV show?
I loved Lost when it was on. I love Family Guy too. I don't really watch too much TV, but I love game shows too. It boosts my self esteem, or something along those lines.
- Do you have any really annoying habits?
Lazily ignoring the 24th question of any questionnaire.
- How many colours have you dyed your hair?
- Do/ did your parents/friends have any embarrassing nicknames for you?
Basically anything that Stacey calls me. It's just not English.
- If you could keep one object (that is currently in your room) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I'm not really a very clingy person. I very quickly lose interest with everything.
- Do you have any collections, if so, what are they?
Considering I'm watching 500 films and they all have to be on DVD... I guess you could say I have a collection of DVD storage units.
- Which meal would you say you are a pro at cooking?
Microwave meals. Ding, meal is done.
- Whats the coolest thing you've been for Halloween?
Me. I have never tricked nor treated anyone.
- If you worked for yourself and money was no object, what would you be doing?
The easy answer would be to stop working if money was no object but I would get bored very quickly. As a result I'd just keep working but I'd choose my own working hours. At other times I'd trek off to see the world.
- Who is your favourite author and why?
Terry Pratchett, and Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Terry Pratchett is a master of comedy and storytelling, while Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child have invented one of the most intresting characters in literary history.
- What specialist subject would you choose on Mastermind?
Vexillology or the study of Flags of the World. I can identify at least 150, and know such interesting facts such as "Paraguay is the only country with a double sided flag" and "Vexillology is the study of Flags of the World".
Thanks guys for your interesting questions, and if you're reading this, thanks for getting to the bottom of the post!