Monday, May 07, 2012

A to Z Challenge April 2012

Bring those pigs down from the sky, I think I've just completed a challenge!

Throughout April 2012, I, along with 1500 other bloggers, undertook a written promise (well, I also told myself there was flogging involved for not doing it), to write a post every day throughout April. The actual challenge meant I could have Sundays off, but seeing as I'd scheduled most of the reviews to appear after I'd watched the films in March I had plenty of time during April to watch even more films! In fact, there are films queued up through the start of May too.

For selfish reasons, I hoped that the challenge would raise the profile of my blog as I'd often found myself writing with very little input from anyone else. Throughout the past month, however, I'd found myself writing and replying to comments so much that I've forgotten what a social life off of Blogger feels like. So, I'd just like to thank all of you guys for dropping by, commenting, following and generally getting involved with my crazy challenge to watch 500 films ( should that be 526 now?). You rock!

Over the last 30 days I've also visited a whole load of blogs - some of which are brilliant. I have done a further shameless blog plug post so that these blogs get the exposure they deserve but the sheer variety and humour of some writers is to be applauded. You've had me in tears of laughter on more than one occasion.

Finally, thank you to Arlee Bird and the team for organising this year's event. Having not been involved in previous years due to ignorance I'm glad that I got involved this year. Having spiked my views, followers, posts in a month, and every other statistic going I'll definitely be involved again next year dragging along every other blog I can too.

Finally, here's a list of the films I reviewed in the A-Z Challenge 2012. This now replaces the page linked at the top of the blog.
  1. Sunday April 1
    ✓ see review ★★★★★ American History X (1998)
  2. Monday April 2
    ✓ see review ★★★★ The Breakfast Club (1985)
  3. Tuesday April 3
    ✓ see review ★★★★ Carry On... Up The Khyber (1968)
  4. Wednesday April 4
    ✓ see review ★★★★ Doctor Zhivago (1965)
  5. Thursday April 5
    ✓ see review ★★★★★ The Exorcist (1973)
  6. Friday April 6
    ✓ see review ★★★★ Fantasia (1940)
  7. Saturday April 7
    ✓ see review ★★★★ The Graduate (1967)
  8. Monday April 9
    ✓ see review ★★★★★ The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (2005)
  9. Tuesday April 10
    ✓ see review ★★★★★ In Cold Blood (1967)
  10. Wednesday April 11
    ✓ see review ★★★★★ Jason and the Argonauts (1963)
  11. Thursday April 12
    ✓ see review ★★★★ Knife In The Water (1962)
  12. Friday April 13
    ✓ see review ★★★★★ Labyrinth (1986)
  13. Saturday April 14
    ✓ see review ★★★★★ Moon (2009)
  14. Monday April 16
    ✓ see review ★★★★ The Notebook (2004)
  15. Tuesday April 17
    ✓ see review ★★★★ Othello (1995)
  16. Wednesday April 18
    ✓ see review ★★★★ Predator (1987)
  17. Thursday April 19
    ✓ see review ★★★★★ The Queen (2006)
  18. Friday April 20
    ✓ see review ★★★★★ Romeo And Juliet (1996)
  19. Saturday April 21
    ✓ see review ★★★★ Shaun of the Dead (2004)
  20. Monday April 23
    ✓ see review ★★★★★ A Trip To The Moon (1902)
  21. Tuesday April 24
    ✓ see review ★★★★★ Underworld (2003)
  22. Wednesday April 25
    ✓ see review ★★★★ Valhalla Rising (2009)
  23. Thursday April 26
    ✓ see review ★★★★ Whisper of the Heart (1995)
  24. Friday April 27
    ✓ see review ★★★★★ XX/XY (2002)
  25. Saturday April 28
    ✓ see review ★★★★★ The Young Victoria (2009)
  26. Monday April 30
    ✓ see review ★★★★ Zulu (1964)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the acknowledgement. And thanks for playing along. I would have thought you would have gained more followers and had more visitors since the topic of movies seems to be so popular.


    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just caught up with your reflections post. How good to share everybody's delight after the event of the A - Z challenge. I think the diversity was the best thing for me.

    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stopping by for the A-Z road trip. WOW, now I know where to come if I want to know about a movie. Fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I can't get to your follow button. That might explain why you are not getting a lot of followers

    ReplyDelete