Wednesday, May 02, 2012

The A-Z Shameless Blog Plugging

The last shameless blog plugging of great people doing great work on their great blogs was all the way back in May 2011. That's right. No-one has produced anything of value since then.

Alas, it appears I was mistaken. The A-Z Challenge has been and gone now and I went through much of the list of over 1,000 blogs that took part and managed to find a grand total of 4 that I thought were far and above the rest of the high standard. To be honest, I had to filter out so many aspiring authors and bible bashers (two subjects which would have begun the A-Z quite nicely) and these four brilliant blogs are the result of it all:

Muppets for Justice - View Website
Madness. Addman's irreverent views on life and the world in general have had me in stitches over the past month. In fact, I've passed his website onto a few of my colleagues at work and there has been very little work done. One of us starts laughing and we know that Addman has just posted something. I'll miss it when he goes back to posting twice weekly, not least because I'll have to get on with some work.

Vive le Nerd - View Website
Joshua has encouraged me to embrace my nerdy side over the last month. His obsession with Doctor Who and t-shirts (and in particular a combination of both) have made me realise that I'm not the only dork in the neighbourhood. In fact, there has been more than one occasion where I've told my girlfriend she's buying me a t-shirt featured on his A-Z, although more often than not she's already bartering with me so that I buy her a different one in return. Her birthday is in a few days so I lost that negotiation quite heavily.

Michael Abayomi - View Website
Another movie reviewer, Michael also did an A to Z of films throughout April. He's commented on nearly all of my reviews offering another viewpoint and while I've seen all of his reviews I've been far more lax with comments for which I can only apologise! Impressively, we didn't double up on any of the reviews and he's introduced me to some films which I need to watch soon!

Film Sketchr - View Website
When I first went through the list of A to Z participants I did a quick search for 'movie', 'film' and 'review'. Naturally Film Sketchr fell straight into the middle category but when I hit the link I was altogether more surprised. This blog contains fascinating information on the smaller parts of films offering behind the scenes information about what goes into making the props and sets for films.

Get to these blogs now. Read their stuff and tell me I'm wrong. I dare you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's high praise indeed. You've been through nearly 1000 blogs, and I've made the top 4? Unbelievable.

    Sorry this comment isn't funny. It appears that praise is my kryptonite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the future I'd like to see a way to subdivide the list into categories for those who would prefer that. With the right programming we could come up with a flexible list that would appease nearly all A to Z-ers.

    Thanks for being a part of the Challenge..


    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete