Friday, February 24, 2012

Films 161 - 170

The next ten films in the Empire 5-star Challenge are:
  1. Faces (1968)
  2. The Fall Of The House Of Usher (1960)
  3. Fanny And Alexander (1982)
  4. Far From Heaven (2002)
  5. Fargo (1996)
  6. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
  7. Field Of Dreams (1989)
  8. A Fistful Of Dollars (1964)
  9. Five Easy Pieces (1970)
  10. The Fly (1986)
I will need to check but I think the previous ten films have been my quickest set of ten yet (a mere 14 days). This is unsurprising as - with the exception of Eraserhead - the previous ten have been excellent. My three favourites have to be Dr. Strangelove (a simply brilliant satire), Les Enfants Du Paradis (a surprisingly good French drama) and Face/Off (an action to rival Die Hard). To top it off there was a couple of other classics in there that shouldn't be missed.

As for the next ten, I regret I haven't seen any of them before. I know that A Fistful of Dollars is a renowned Clint Eastwood film and as I've had the disc for Ferris Bueller for ages, I'm looking forward to watching that. As I don't really know any of the others I could be pleasantly surprised!

This next lot might take me a while as I'm working my way through the A-Z April Challenge. The list of that is now complete, so I know exactly which films I need to be watching! Expect March to be a quiet month on the review front, before the blog explodes with reviews in April. As most of the A-Z will be scheduled reviews, most of what I watch in April will be scheduled for May.

So, until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen Fargo, Ferris Bueller, Field OF Dreams, A Fistful OF Dollars, and the Fly. I watched all those Clint Eastwood movies until I knew them by heart. Clint and Lee Van Cleef were great gentleman adversaries. Thanks for stopping by my site and I look forward to following your reviews for the Challenge!

    PS. Please do yourself a favor and ditch the capcha word verification. I have been blogging for three years and never ran into a spam or anonymous comment yet. Everybody hates captcha, trust me on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chuck.

      It's sad to sad that I've not seen and of those films - but happily I will soon! Since starting the blog I've opened up many new horizons in movies I never thought is be interested in.

      Thanks for the advice on captcha, I finally found where to turn it off in Blogger! Enjoy the A-Z.

      Delete