Wednesday, September 07, 2011

100 Films, 10,000 Page Views

Yep, that's a lot of films.
Source: mcturge.blogspot.com
After over a whole month out working, having a holiday and watching so many other films, it's been a long time coming - but finally I plucked up the courage to watch what I thought would be "some rubbish subtitled Italian film" - Cinema Paradiso. Boy was I wrong.

Enough about that though for the review will reveal more. Over the past 7 months I have committed to watching the 500 Empire 5-star rated movies, and I've finally reached that milestone first hundred (or a meagre 20% for those statisticians amongst you).

To me, the first 10 was going to be challenge enough and 100 is far more than I thought I'd ever get to, but thanks to this blog and the support - and welcome criticism in some reviews - of a network of other movie-goers out there I have finally achieved something. Well, part of something anyway - at this rate I'm not due to finish the 500 until 2013, sigh.

I never set out to preach about which films were best in some fanatical eyes, only to make a point to prove to myself that I could do it. With over 10,000 total page views now though, it seems like I might have to get a little more preachy. Sorry.

Here's to the next hundred... and let's hope the next one doesn't take a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment