Sunday, June 12, 2011

Films 081 - 090

Here are the next ten films in the Empire 5-star challenge:
  1. The Cabinet Of Caligari (1920)
  2. Camille (1936)
  3. Candyman (1992)
  4. Capote (2005)
  5. Carlito's Way (1993)
  6. Carnival In Flanders (1935)
  7. Carnival Of Souls (1962)
  8. Carrie (1976)
  9. Carousel (1956)
  10. Casablanca (1942)
So, finally the films beginning with "B" are over. As previously mentioned though, the 'C' films are even longer so I won't be finished with them until past number 120, when I approach a quarter of the way through the whole challenge. Wow.

After taking a huge break before The Bridge Over The River Kwai (my family were desperate to watch that with me - and I couldn't break the rules and skip it now, could I?), these ten films feel like they have taken an absolute age. I really really strongly recommend you watch Boyz N The Hood though. It was a fantastic film.

As for these next ten... I spot a couple of musicals immediately which ought to be fun. I've already seen The Cabinet Of Dr Caligari (earlier) so the review for that one will be posted up soon too - possibly even tomorrow.

The columns of DVDs in my house are beginning to mount up now. They are, if nothing more, providing good dark spaces against the ceiling for spiders to live in. On another note, I have managed to find another good source for second hand DVDs though - car boot sales. I managed to pick up 13 for £13 last week. If you decide to do this though, I urge you to check for counterfeit goods before you buy.

Anyway... until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment