Saturday, April 09, 2011

Films 041 - 050

Bad Lieutenant (2010)
Here are the next 10 films in the Empire 500 5-star challenge:
  1. Bad Lieutenant: Port Of Call New Orleans (2010)
  2. Bad Timing (1980)
  3. Badlands (1973)
  4. Bambi (1942)
  5. The Band's Visit (2007)
  6. Batman Begins (2005)
  7. The Battle Of Algiers (1966)
  8. Battleship Potemkin (1925)
  9. Beauty And The Beast (1991)
  10. Behind The Sun (2001)
Batman Begins (2005)
So, I've finally hit the letter 'B'. Although 'A' took up the first 38 films, 'B' is actually longer, and I won't hit 'C' until the 81st film. Crazy.

Anyway, I should probably sum up the previous ten movies...  The Asphalt Jungle was an excellent film and Atonement will be joining Amelie and All About My Mother at the top of the pile in my opinion so far. Although there weren't any real turnips, a couple of slightly dragging films were there in the form of Ashes And Diamonds and Au Hasard Balthazar.

Still, I've seen a couple on the list to come - the Disney animations of Bambi and Beauty And The Beast so I know what to expect from those. As for the rest... Battleship Potemkin comes highly recommended from Matthew Hunt who ranks it amongst his 15 Essential Films, so no pressure there! Having looked at some of the other blurbs on the DVD boxes, there are some films with interesting themes.

At some point I may have to look at selling some of these DVDs before they end up taking over my house. As a result keep an eye out for future posts!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment