Monday, January 17, 2011

What is the Empire 500?

Empire Magazine chronicled 500 must-see films
Empire 500, is a huge list of movies compiled by Empire Magazine and consists of the 500 greatest 5 star movies ever. According to the Empire 500 website; "10,000 Empire readers, 150 of Hollywood's finest and 50 key film critics voted in the most ambitious movie poll ever created."

What has this got to do with me?

Having picked up the magazine at the start of 2011, I made it my ambition to make my way through this list. As part of the challenge, I have set myself a few rules:
  •  Each film must be reviewed after it has been watched. The review will give my personal interpretation on the film. The review will link to The Internet Movie Database, Empire and any other articles on the film that I think are interesting.
  • The list will be watched in alphabetical order. This is different to a couple of other people who have set themselves the same challenge.
  • Each film will be bought as a DVD. I will keep a photo album containing the progress of the film collection growing. Each film will be bought as a DVD to keep consistency regarding picture and sound.
This challenge will take me well over a year - watching 500 films will probably take two or three years. I will re-watch the films I have already seen - yes, including the Lord of the Rings trilogy (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment